Agile transformation succeeds with DecisionMaking
Agile transformation begins with the individual, and a corporate culture is created through the behavior of the people who do the work. Decision-making processes form the bridge between the traditional and agile world. They are a prerequisite for agile transformation and form the foundation for agility.
In practice, agile methods alone rarely automatically produce better results, nor do they accelerate the business process sustainably. To make matters worse, the representatives of classic project methods form an enormous counterforce, since agile methods were developed precisely because classic project methods have not fulfilled their performance promise in the past.
Agile transformation also creates hot spots and incompatible situations. The conflict between authoritarian leadership and cooperation at eye level as well as classic and agile project procedures must be solved with DecisionMaking.
This gives people the chance to do well and develops self-organization and self-responsibility.
Agile transformation is successful if it is started with DecisionMaking in a change process and is gradually led to disruptive change. The Agile Way of Working is necessarily cross-departmental and replaces the previous cooperation. It has shownproven itself to start in implementation areas and to extend the transformation to the specializedist departments and later to the entire company.
If you are planning an agile transformation, would like to further developunfold introduced agile methods or are experiencinge irritations during the transformation process, please contact us:
Reference model for agile transformation
Successful implementation requires measures and a predetermined sequence:
- building up the competences on DecisionMaking and Agility
- commitment of all: management, business unit managers, leads and agile teams
- design for planning and implementation of agile transformation (cross-functional)
- commitment to the planning and implementation of agile transformation (cross-divisional)
- introduction of time boxing
- selection of the agile framework (Standard, Customized, New)
- design and introduction of agile events (ceremonies), artefacts and roles
- operationalizsation, consolidation and readjustment of the Agile Way of Working
- Core Team
- First Follower
- agile community for continuous learning and development
The obvious goals of the agile mindset and agility are a result of successfully implemented decision- making and agile methods.
Your company is equipped with the flexibility to act within the dynamics of today’s globalized world and to react quickly to disruptive changes.
In addition to the necessary flexibility, agile methods also offer higher performance.