We spend a third of the day at work. Here we desire a healthy and enjoyable corporate culture. 65% give as a reason for quitting that the collegial environment is not right (Statista, Why employees quit).
⛔ Corporate cultures arise from people’s behavior. In toxic corporate cultures, people tolerate abuse that influences their own behavior as well as that of others. If behavior is rewarded with high performance, this reinforces one’s own behavior as well as that of other people. Many people are involved in this mechanism of accepted behavior:
- managers who do not protect employees from abuse or encourage people who abuse or do not sanction this behavior.
- employees who abuse and thereby enrich themselves.
- employees who stand by and do nothing to stop or prevent the behavior of abusive people.
- people who do not protect themselves adequately.
- people who do not report behavior of abusive people so that abuse is not repeated.
🎯 These recursive or cyclical evolutionary dynamic affects all people, their own behavior as well as the behavior of others. If the causes of these accepted behavior were recognized, focused solutions become possible.
🎯 Abuse is resolved when people are empowered to bring about jointly supported team decisions to “do something” (ggTE). With ggTE, normative behavior for a “healthy culture” can be committed and implemented.
🎯 Everyone gets to have their say at the same time and everyone sees immediately what everyone meant.
🎯 All priming effects are eliminated.
🎯 Psychological safety is maintained.
🎯 Decision-Making Management (DMM) develops a healthy corporate culture because everyone becomes part of the decisions and their implementation.
March 2022, Richard Graf & Elsa Graf
“Use Decision-Making Management (DMM) aligned at the Inseparability of emotions, intuition and Cognition (KiE)”, Richard Graf.